Friday, November 4, 2011

ARC Review and Author Interview: Blood of the Ancients by Tammy Wilkinson

Blood of the Ancients by Tammy Wilkinson
Release Date: November 12th/11.

Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads:

"Maddy swung around and came face to face with a pair of stunning green eyes gazing intently at her. Gabe stood just inches away from her. His warm breath caressed her face and goose bumps rose on her forearms. Startled, she jumped back a step."

17 year old Madeline Evans had no idea what she was in for when she met Gabriel Brennan, nor did she know the dangerous truth about his past. His pale blonde hair and bright green eyes had captivated her from the moment she saw him, but fighting the urge to stay away from the dangerous boy is easier said than done. More than once Maddy finds herself in a perilous situation, but Gabe always seems to be there to save the day. Can Maddy trust Gabe or will he lead her to her untimely death?



My Thoughts:

Can I please have Blood of the Ancients?! 

This book is perfect for Twilight fans, who like a little extra tension between their two protaganists.

Maddy is a practical heroine. She's spent most of her life with her head in the books, planning/preparing for her future... Enter Gabe.

The mysterious and sexy Gabe, who comes with quite a bit of baggage (O, but he's sooooo worth it :) ) I loved Gabe, he's got the whole Knight-in-shining-armour thing down.

But Gabe isn't the only mystery that BOTA offers, someone's out to get Maddy, she's continuously attacked and placed in danger, will Gabe be able to save her? Well you'll just have to read and find out :)

Great YA Debut, and a huge thanks to Tammy for the opportunity to review it!


And now please join me in welcoming Tammy to the blog today....



1) What inspired you to write Blood of the Ancients?

It was a culmination of events, really. I'd always wanted to write a book, but never seemed to have the time to do it. One night I had a dream about a story I'd been concocting. Half asleep, I wrote down everything I could remember from my dream. It took me two weeks to decipher what I'd written, but at the end I have a brief outline of what would become Blood of the Ancients. A few weeks later I was having dinner with my little sis and we out all the details of the story. A week later I had the full outline. About a month after that I was laid off from my job. One day when I was on Facebook, I saw a link to the NaNoWriMo website and came to the conclusion that it was now or never. I used NaNo as the jumping point for the book.



2) How long did it take you to write BOTA?

After participating in NaNo, I was left with a VERY rough first draft of BOTA. It took me another 6 months to polish it up and get to the final draft. For those of you that don't know what NaNoWriMo is, it's National Novel Writing Month. The whole purpose is to write an entire novel during the month of November. It's also an organization that supports writing programs within the community and young writers programs worldwide. www.nanowrimo.org



3) Did you have particular actors in mind when you wrote Gabe and Perry? If so, who?

Hmm... now this has been an issue of great debate. Ariana Grande for Maddy, Alex Pettyfer for Gabe (even though I'm gonna get an earful for this answer), and I haven't really given much thought to who I would want to play the part of Perry. I would love for Yannick Bisson to play the part of Nathan. He played the part of William Murdock in Murdock Mysteries. As for Cooper, the jury is still out on that one. A few of my top contenders for Cooper would be Christian Bale or Josh Lucas.


4) Do you have any favourite authors you enjoy reading, or that have inspired your writing?

Hahaha... Where do I start? I'll just list off a few of my faves. Cassie Clare, Richelle Mead, Suzanne Collins, Stephenie Meyer, PC & Kristen Cast, JK Rowlings, Becca Fitzpatrick, LJ Smith, Christopher Moore, Neil Pasricha, Emily Bronte, F Scott Fitzgerald, and of course, Jane Austen. Those are just a few off the top of my head.


5) What has been the most exciting part of publishing your first book?

I'd love to say that it's the excitement of getting ready to launch the book, but the truth is, the best part has been the involvement of my friends and family. I think they're just as invested and excited as I am to see Blood of the Ancients come to fruition.


6) How far do you plan to take your Boston Vampire series?

As of right now the series is outlined for three books. The second book, Curse of the Ancients is my current Work In Progress, and is almost finished. With any luck, it'll be ready to be released in the spring of 2012.


7) Do you have any advice to give future writers?

Yes! Writing is like any other skill, with time and practice it will become more refined, so keep at it! I would also suggest participating in NaNo. They offer so much support and encouragement for budding writers.

Come meet Tammy in person and get your own copy of BOTA signed!

Chapters Kennedy Commons (20 William Kitchener Road)
November 12th/11.
1-4pm

Connect with Tammy:

www.bostonvampires.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/bookworm647
Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/Tammy_Wilkinson or @Tammy_Wilkinson

Happy Reading!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment