Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Starling by Leslie Livingston


I so want to get my hands on a copy of this one!!! Mason sounds sexy! :)

Starling by Leslie Livingston
Release Date: August 28th/12.
Publisher: HarperTeen
Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads:
"Love is just the beginning... of the end."

Mason Starling is a champion fencer for Gosforth Academy, but she’s never had to fight for her life. Until now. When a ferocious storm rips through Manhattan and unleashes terrifying creatures onto Gosforth’s campus, Mason barely escapes alive. Without help from the mysterious stranger who appeared in the midst of the storm, she might not have made it at all. But now, in the aftermath, Mason’s life begins to spin dramatically, mystically out of control, and the only one who seems able to help her is the stranger who can remember nothing but his name: Fennrys Wolf.

As Mason and Fenn uncover more about Fenn’s past and the strange events that surround them, they realize that Mason’s family — and its dark allegiance to the ancient Norse gods — is at the center of everything. A predetermined fate seems to be closing in on Mason, but is it possible to change one’s destiny?

Readers who fell in love with Lesley Livingston’s Wondrous Strange trilogy and those who love Cassandra Clare’s Mortal Instruments series will be captivated by the sweeping romance and pulse-pounding action of Starling.

What title are you waiting on this week?

Happy Reading!!!


18 comments:

  1. I've heard so many good things about this one already! It's on my TBR too!
    My WOW!
    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover's amazing. Heard some good stuff about Starling and Fennrys Wolf reminds me of a character in one of my w.i.p.s. named June Merr (half-mermaid). My Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really looking forward to this book as well! A nice pick.

    My WoW, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com.au/2012/06/waiting-on-wednesday-dark-light-by-sara.html

    Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cannot wait for this one. It looks amazingg.

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one sounds really awesome! Great choice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard some good things about this one. I love books that take place in an academy.
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard many good things about this one, so I think I should check this out. Great pick! :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one sounds very tempting! Enjoy....

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can hardly wait to read this one too!

    http://viewfromthehillbookreviews.blogspot.com/2012/06/waiting-on-wednesday-june-20-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Livingston's book are awesome. This one looks go good too.. Great pick..

    Happy Reading..
    Jenea @ Books Live Forever
    http://booksliveforever.com/?p=1799

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the synopsis of Starling! I am immensely curious about these terrifying creatures that the storm unleashes. Definitely adding Starling to my GR List :-) Thanks for a great pick!

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was reading the summary just now and got to the part where it says ancient Norse gods. STOP. MUST ADD. I love mythology based books, and Norse gods even more. Absolutely must read. Perfect choice!


    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great cover, sounds interesting.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/06/waiting-on-wednesday_20.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds Great!! Hope you enjoy it and I might give it a go myself! Is is me or does the girl in the cover remind you of Kristen Stewart?

    You can see my WOW here!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Interesting pick :D New follower

    Here's my WoW: http://projectreadandreview.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/waiting-on-wednesday-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh gawd, I can't get over the name Mason. So I teach preschool and I used to have this kid in my class named Mason- I don't ever want to say anything negative towards a child or any of my students but oh my.. let's just say he was quite a handful.. ;) LOL With that being said, I'm not quite sure I could escape reality with this one.
    If you get a chance, check out my WOW post @ YA Nation
    New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Norse Gods huh? As amazing as this sounds, if my partner finds any inconsistencies he'll be raging, haha! He's very clued up on Norse Myths etc. ^^

    ComaCalm's WoW Throne of Glass Giveaway

    ReplyDelete