Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Indie Review: Unbreak Me by Lexi Ryan


Unbreak Me 
by: Lexi Ryan
Releases Today!!!!!!!
Genre: New Adult Romance
Source: e-ARC provided by ATOMR tours
Unbreak Me on Goodreads here.
Synopsis:
“If you’re broken, I’ll fix you…”

I’m only twenty-one and already damaged goods. A slut. A failure. A disappointment to my picture-perfect family as long as I can remember. I called off my wedding to William Bailey, the only man who thought I was worth fixing. A year later, he’s marrying my sister. Unless I ask him not to…

“If you shatter, I’ll find you…”

But now there’s Asher Logan, a broken man who sees the fractures in my façade and doesn’t want to fix me at all. Asher wants me to stop hiding, to stop pretending. Asher wants to break down my walls. But that means letting him see my ugly secrets and forgiving him for his. 

With my past weighing down on me, do I want the man who holds me together or the man who gives me permission to break?

Purchase Links:

My Thoughts:
Plenty of sexy times to be had in this New Adult pick!

I thoroughly enjoyed reading Unbreak Me and watching all the plots and twists unfold of the twisted love triangle (or square to be more accurate) in Ryan's latest release. 

Unbreak Me is narrated from multiple perspectives (Maggie, Asher and Will), so we're never left wondering how each man truly feels about our heroine (even if she isn't). Maggie is a tough nut to crack. She's been through so much for a 21-year-old and as a result, is incredibly defensive and reluctant to get emotionally attached.

But Asher Logan wants to be the one to peel back the many layers and walls Maggie has built up, lucky girl. This man is basically sex on a stick, a gorgeous ex-rocker with a complicated past of his own, Asher can truly sympathize with Maggie, and knows that there's much more to her than the "sex-crazed harlot" persona she and their whole town have labeled her as.

Will, to, cares deeply for Maggie and their past isn't something that she (or he) can easily forget, but he also happens to be engaged to her older sister. I really liked Will and felt bad for the way things ended between him and Maggie, but I must admit, I don't think it's right for anyone to "settle" for something (or someone) they're not truly in love with, and this is why I wanted to smack him quite a few times throughout Unbreak Me.

There was definite chemistry between Maggie and both these boys, but the steam level was definitely elevated in the scenes with her and Asher. Seriously, have a fan and cloth handy because your e-reader screen WILL fog-up during the sexy times between these two.

Ultimately, I was satisfied with the way this story ended and although I wish she could pick both men, I agreed with the choice Maggie made. I actually wouldn't mind seeing a couple more stories from these characters to see a bit more progression between them all.

If you're a fan of New Adult and enjoy some good steam in your reads, give Unbreak Me a shot!

Happy Reading!!!
Do you want to read Unbreak Me, now? Go here to read a sexy teaser from Unbreak Me and enter my current giveaway for this title! It's really easy to enter and it's International! :)

4 comments:

  1. Ah, don't you hate it when you wish they could pick both?! Well, I'm glad you loved it :)

    Sunny @ Blue Sky Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read anything by Lexi Ryan as yet but Unbreak me sounds like a steamy and deeply emotional book to start with. Thanks for putting it on my radar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Kamla! Hope you enjoy Unbreak Me when you have a chance to read it! :)

      Delete