Thursday, June 27, 2013

Let's Get Fierce! Fierce Reads Tour Signing Re-Cap

A week ago I attended a pretty great signing- the last stop of the FIERCE READS TOUR. Authors in attendance included; Anna Banks, Leigh Bardugo, Emmy Laybourne, Gennifer Albin and Jessica Brody!

The signing took place at the Yorkdale Indigo, and since traffic was pretty light on the 401, I ended up arriving at the signing a whole two hours early. This left me with quite a bit of time on my hands, yes
that's right, I had to kill time in a BOOKSTORE, soooooooo I ended up buying more books than I had originally anticipated, instead of 1 I ended up purchasing 5 brand-spanking-new hardcovers. 
So I had some reading material while I waited in line, but I also had some awesome book bloggers in attendance to keep me company and offer up some great YA recommendations.

Once we were seated (on the most uncomfortable wooden chairs known to mankind), the Fierce Reads tour's PR lady introduced the five fabulous authors as they made their way on stage, and I must say, this lady was quite full of piss and vinegar (as my Nanny would always say) and she really got the crowd going. 


Once all five ladies rightly seated in their designated spots, we all sat down for an hour-long Q and A where each author answered questions, including where they each gain their inspiration for writing, key ingredients for a great trilogy and their dream movie cast. Although I must admit my favourite part of the evening was when Emmy asked if get The Good Wife in Canada and Jessica asked if we Canadians knew the show Scooby-Doo? Haha I'm still laughing and I would just like to go on record letting all Americans know that, yes, Canada does get both these shows.


They were all very lively and each author had a great repour with the other, and all fed off each others' energy which made for a truly entertaining hour of Q&A. Although, I'm not gonna lie, I stood up as soon as the signing hour began (not sure rear could have taken another minute of that uncomfortable chair!). It was a pleasure to meet and greet each author, they were all very down-to-earth and had me laughing all night. Unfortunately I couldn't get into any deep, philosophical convos with any of them (due to the long line of book lovers waiting for me to get out of the way ;)) but I did manage to discuss Dawson's Creek with Emmy, enjoy the dry and sarcastic wit of Anna and discuss the merits of School Teachers with Gennifer (we're all on a first name basis now haha!)

Overall, it was a great night and thanks so much to the Indigo Yorkdale staff, MacMillan, Emmy, Jessica, Gennifer, Anna and Leigh for making it a truly entertaining success!

Here's a snapshot of the Dear Johns I got from all the ladies (on a side note, I'd like to add that I did buy and get a finished copy of Unremembered signed, which I have appeared to left behind at Yorkdale. So if you look into your FC and see that it's signed to Hayley, well that's mine! Haha I hope whoever you are, you treasure it as I quietly sob in the corner):

Happy Reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment