Saturday, November 1, 2014

Indie Review: What's Left of Me by Amanda Maxlyn

What's Left of Me
by: Amanda Maxlyn
Now Available!!!
Add What's Left of Me to your Goodreads list here.
Synopsis and photo courtesy of Goodreads:
Life works in mysterious ways.

Four years ago I became known as the girl with cancer.

I refuse to cry.

And I refuse to give in.

A relationship with a man is the last thing I’m looking for right now, but one night with Parker changes everything. He is persistent, and he knows what he wants. Me.

He doesn’t treat me like I’m fragile.

But he doesn’t know, and I’m not ready to tell him.

What if it changes everything?

Tragedy found me when I was seventeen.

Love found me when I was twenty-one.

My name is Aundrea McCall, and this is my journey.

My Thoughts:

READ THIS BOOK!!!!!!!! 

What's Left of Me may be Maxlyn's debut novel, but her well-flowed plot and relatable narrator's voice reads like the work of a seasoned professional. 

Aundrea, our main character and narrator of the story, is a wonderful character- you'll continue to root for her through her entire story. At 21, she's already conquered cancer once, and is in the middle of her second battle with the deadly illness- she's let her illness and treatment rule most of her young adult life and decides to let loose, for once, and enjoy a night out with her girlfriends, little does she know that this night out will lead her to the man of her dreams (well let's be honest- most women's dreams :)).

The way Aundrea and Parker meet was adorable and hilarious and the romance that blossoms between these two was in equal ways both hot, sweet and intense- these two have some SERIOUS chemistry. Of course, the side characters Maxlyn's created are fantastic, but it's truly the relationship and discourse between these two that captures the reader's attention- you want to continue to read to see if these two crazy kids will make it.

Now onto my favourite part of What's Left of Me- Parker. I can honestly say that Parker is my IDEAL BOOK BOYFRIEND- he's equal parts, sexy, charming, sensitive, persistent, successful, sweet, hot oh and did I mention he's a veterinarian so you know he's an animal lover! Seriously, why can't he be real?! Haha.

There's not much action in this story, as it is character-driven, but Maxlyn is an incredibly talented author and I completely fell in love with her characters and their stories. I have re-read this book many times, and every time it manages to evoke several emotions from me- one minute I'm laughing, the next I'm crying and then I'm suddenly swooning. I cry every time I finish What's Left of Me for so many reasons.

Thank you Amanada for giving us Aundrea and Parker and for continuing their story in What's Left of Us, which releases November 14! Can't wait to read it!

If you're a romance or New Adult fan like me, you MUST read What's Left of Me!

Happy Reading!!!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, this sounds good! Plus points for the awesome book boyfriend- we need more sweet guys in books, seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad book boyfriends are only in books. Still, it's amazing that someone in a book could find someone that charming and accepting of her past...although it does remind me oddly of The Fault in Our Stars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is on my tbr pile, a few of my friends recommended it. The synopisis hooked me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh, the romance sounds adorable! This whole books sounds really awesome, actually! I definitely need to check it out now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't read enough indie books, but I probably should. It's a new addition to my tbr pile at least.

    ReplyDelete